Submit A Resource
Subscribe By Email (265+)
Jul 5, 2012
Yeoman - A Robust Client-Side Stack To Quickly Build Beautiful Web Applications
Yeoman is a robust and opinionated client-side stack, comprised of tools and frameworks that can help developers quickly build beautiful web applications.
- Lightning fast scaffolding — Easily scaffold new projects with customizable templates (e.g HTML5 Boilerplate, Twitter Bootstrap), AMD (via RequireJS) and more.
- Automatically compile CoffeeScript & Compass — Our LiveReload watch process automatically compiles source files and refreshes your browser whenever a change is made so you don't have to.
- Automatically lint your scripts — All your scripts are automatically run against jshint to ensure they're following language best-practices.
- Built-in preview server — No more having to fire up your own HTTP Server. My built-in one can be fired with just one command.
- Awesome Image Optimization — I optimize all your images using OptiPNG and JPEGTran so your users can spend less time downloading assets and more time using your app.
- AppCache manifest generation — I generate your application cache manifests for you. Just build a project and boom. You'll get it for free.
- Killer build process — Not only do you get minification and concatenation; I also optimize all your image files, HTML, compile your CoffeeScript and Compass files, generate you an application cache manifest and if you're using AMD, we'll pass those modules through r.js so you don't have to.
- Integrated package management — Need a dependency? It's just a keystroke away. I allow you to easily search for new packages via the command-line (e.g yeoman search jquery), install them and keep them updated without needing to open your browser.
- Support for ES6 module syntax — Experiment with writing modules using the latest ECMAScript 6 module syntax. This is an experimental feature that transpiles back to ES5 so you can use the code in all modern browsers.
- PhantomJS Unit Testing — Easily run your unit tests in headless WebKit via PhantomJS. When you create a new application, I also include some test scaffolding for your app.
Trending Posts On Functionn This Week
Other Interesting Resources:
- 20 Fresh, High-Quality Free WordPress Themes 2012
- 50 Fresh, High-Quality Free WordPress Themes 2012 - Edition #2
- The Most Comprehensive Index Of Free Icon Fonts/Iconic Web Fonts
- Kickstrap - A Full Version Of Twitter's Bootstrap With Themes, Enhancements, And Other Goodies
- Superslides - A jQuery Full Screen Slider Plugin
- Web Development: 2012 & Forward - Featuring Dr. Axel Rauschmayer, Alex Young, Umut Muhaddisoglu & Ray Cheung
- JQuery (275)
- Libraries (132)
- CSS (115)
- frameworks (113)
- Tools (112)
- html (86)
- Github (79)
- html5 (72)
- Node.js (58)
- mobile (52)
- Responsive (49)
- CSS3 (47)
- page effects (45)
- Web Design (41)
- Bootstrap (35)
- twitter (31)
- image effets (22)
- MVC (18)
- generators (18)
- CoffeeScript (16)
- graphics (10)